July 4th, 2023
In 2023 we are honoring those that carry the Voices of Alaska in Juneau.
The parade this year focuses on honoring the voices that have greatly impacted our community, past, present and future!
Our Congratulations to our Official Grand Marshals of the 2023, Voices of Alaska, Juneau 4th of July Parade:
We have selected community members that have made longstanding efforts to contribute to this community. Those that we have chosen, we believe, are working their hardest to leave our community better than when they found it!
Ensure that all sections are filled in. Review all rules, and initial and sign. Forms may be returned to us by emailing* them to: email@example.com
*Entries may also be mailed to the PO box below.
We accept all payment options via paypal below.
Checks and forms can be mailed to us at:
P.O. Box 32295
Juneau, AK 99803
Read them thoroughly! They are located in the downloadable PDF below, and at the end of this page.
We are so excited to have you!
FLOATS/BIG RIGS... $55.00 (was $75)
MUSICAL GROUP... $25.00 (was $35)
VEHICLES... $40.00 (was $50)
ANIMALS... $10.00 (was $15)
MARCHING UNIT... $25.00 (was $35)
ACTIVE MILITARY/COLOR GUARD & YOUTH... FREE!
All entries must stop at the check-in stand before going to the assembly area. Department of Labor Parking Area at West 8th and Egan, near the Juneau-Douglas Bridge.
1. All entries must be completed and staffed as they will be in the parade by the beginning of the judging time and the participants must remain until the end of their judging time. Entries not ready will not be judged for awards. *exceptions are made to floats with small children, but at least half of your group must be available for judging.
2. No unit should stop for any reason, except in an emergency. If a unit holds up the parade, you will be asked to step out and let the rest of the parade continue.
a. Interval of space to be maintained between units in the parade is 30'. Travel speed is .5 miles per hour with a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour. Please choose a representative from your group to step out of the parade to speak with news media while in the parade. Do not stop your unit.
b. Gaps are created by the parade participants during the parade. Please pay attention to parade security. If you are asked to move along you must do so. Refusal to abide by parade security verbal warning may risk refusal of future parade entry.
3. Items may be distributed by walking parade participants, and tossed underhand. No overhand or throwing is permitted while in the parade.
4. Animal entries: You must have an active walker available to deal with pet mess at all times in the staging area and on the parade route.
5. Motorized Vehicles: Must carry proof of insurance. No unlicensed operator/driver of a motor vehicle is permitted in the parade. All wheels must remain on the road at all times. For your protection, please wear proper protective gear. Max length: 75 ft. Max height: 17 ft. Max width: 10 ft.
6. There will be no unauthorized vehicles allowed beyond the checkpoint. Authorized vehicles are defined as those taking part in the parade.
7. If your entry is composed of a number of smaller independently operated units, you must remain together at all times during the parade.
8. Numbers and signage provided by the Juneau Festival Association must be visible throughout the entire parade.
9. Please assure that all in your unit are aware of these rules and regulations.
10. Entry forms must be completely filled in.